Ceftum 500 Mg (Cefuroxime axetil)
Ceftum 500 Mg belongs to the cephalosporin (SEF a low spor in) antibiotics family and is administered for treating various kinds of bacterial infection which includes fatal as well as life threatening infections.
Ceftum 500 Mg is administered for treating various bacterial infections which includes infection of the respiratory tract, Genito-urinary tract contamination, Skin and soft tissue infections, Gonorrhoea, cervicitis, and acute uncomplicated gonococcal urethritis.
Examples of Infection of the upper respiratory tract are sinusitis, otitis media, pharyngitis and tonsillitis whereas pneumonia, acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis and acute bronchitis are examples of lower respiratory tract.
Genito-urinary tract contamination includes urethritis, cystitis, and pyelonephritis.
Fumnculosis, impetigo, and pyoderma are examples of soft tissue and skin infections.
Ceftum 500 Mg may also be administered for purposes other than those mentioned above.
Dosage and administration
Generally Ceftum 500 Mg is prescribed for a range of 5-10 days and should be administered after taking food. Dosage depends according to the severity of the infection.
· Ceftum 250 Mg twice a day for general bacterial infection.
· Ceftum 125 Mg for Urinary tract infection two times a day.
· Normal respiratory tract infection 250 Mg twice a day.
· Ceftum 500 Mg for extreme respiratory infection, two times a day.
· In case of pyelonephritis, 250 Mg twice a day.
· For treating uncomplicated gonorrhea, 500 Mg (single dose every day).
· Treating normal infection 125 Mg twice a day.
· Enteric Fever, 250 mg two times a day.
· Children above 2 years of age with otitis media or other severe infections should be administered 250 Mg of Ceftum, twice a day.
Tips and Warning
· Avoid Ceftum 500 Mg if you are allergic to Cefuroxime axetil or any other active ingredients present in Ceftum 500 Mg.
· Inform you doctor any history of pre-existing diseases which includes liver problems, kidney disease, intestinal diseases or diabetes.
· Ceftum 500 Mg is strictly used for treating bacterial infection and will not treat common cold, flu and other viral infection.
· In case of watery or blood stool, consult your doctor immediately. Avoid using other medications to stop diarrhea.
· Use Ceftum 500 Mg for the entire duration prescribed by your doctor. Don’t stop midway if the symptoms get better, doing so may result in the symptoms re-appearing.
· Store it in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.