Ceporex (cephalexin or Cefalexin) 500 Mg
Ceporex (Cefalexin) belong to the cephalosporin antibiotic family and is indicated for treating bacterial infections of the middle ear, the upper respiratory tract, the skin, the bones, the urinary system and the reproductive system. Ceporex (Cefalexin) 500 Mg inhibits the cell formation of the bacteria, thereby weakening the bacterial cell wall, which causes cell rupture, eventually killing the bacteria.
Ceporex (Cefalexin) works against certain types of bacterial infection only, hence may require conducting certain tests to classify the microorganism causing the contamination before using Ceporex (Cefalexin) 500 Mg.
Ceporex (Cefalexin) uses
Ceporex (Cefalexin) is administered for treating bacterial infection of the middle ear (otitis media), respiratory infection (lungs and airways), skin, bones and joints, urinary tract (which includes chronic prostatitis), teeth or gums, and genital organs.
Ceporex (Cefalexin) 500 Mg may also be used for other ailments not listed above.
Tips and warnings
· Avoid Ceporex (Cefalexin) 500Mg, if you are allergic to any of its active ingredients. Consult your doctor if you have suffered any history of hypersensitivity to cephalexin or Cefalexin or any other cephalosporin antibiotic.
· Uses depend on your kidney function, age and the infection types. Strictly follow the prescription given to you by your physician. Do not stop using Ceporex (Cefalexin) 500Mg midway. Discontinuing the use midway may result in the ailment coming back and the microorganism may even develop resistivity to cephalosporin antibiotic.
· Avoid using Ceporex (Cefalexin) 500Mg, for a prolonged period. If symptoms don’t improve after the stipulated time period, consult your doctor for further advice.
· Ceporex (Cefalexin) is not to have any adverse effects in case of pregnancy; however it would be safe to consult a doctor before the use of drug and should be used only when absolutely necessary.
· Ceporex (Cefalexin) 500Mg passes on to the breast milk; thereby it should be administered with care and should only be used if the benefit outweighs the risk for the newly born infant. Consult your doctor before adminstering Ceporex (Cefalexin) 500Mg.
Ceporex (Cefalexin) side effects
Headache, indigestion, diarrhea, constipation, nausea, vomiting, skin rashes, drowsiness, joint pains, agitation, confusion, swelling of the bowel lining, stomach upset, abdominal pain, liver disorders, kidney dysfunction and disturbance in level of blood cells present in the blood. In case any of these side effects occur and become problematic, consult your doctor.
These may not be the complete list of side effects of Ceporex (Cefalexin) 500Mg, for additional information get professional advice from your doctor.