Dolfenal 500 Mg (Mefenamic Acid)
Dolfenal 500 Mg (Mefenamic Acid) belongs to the family of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS). It functions by decreasing the secretion of hormone causing swelling and pain in the body.
Dolfenal 500 Mg is administered for treating arthritis pain or inflammation. It may also be prescribed for menstrual pain treat. Mefenamic acid may also be administered for other ailments not mentioned above.
Important information require to know before using Dolfenal 500 Mg (Mefenamic Acid)
Administration of Dolfenal 500 Mg could cause fatal problems which includes heart strokes or circulation problem. Avoid the drug immediately prior or after a heart bypass surgery. In case any symptoms of heart problem occur, seek for immediate medical help. Symptoms include weakness, chest pain, breathing troubles, blurred speech and ocular problems.
Dolfenal 500 Mg could augment the incidence of severe effects on the intestine or stomach. Side effects includes perforation or serious bleeding which could be life threatening. Gastrointestinal effects can occur any time on administration of Dolfenal 500 Mg (Mefenamic Acid). Elderly patients may be at higher risk of the gastrointestinal side effects of Dolfenal 500 Mg.
If any of the symptoms occur on using Dolfenal 500 Mg, seek for immediate medical assistance.
Tips and warnings
· Avoid using Dolfenal 500 Mg if you are allergic to any of the active ingredients present in it (Mefenamic acid).
· Inform your doctor if you have history of any serious ailments which includes heart attacks, stroke, high blood pressure, blood clot, congestive heart failure, other heart disease, live problems, kidney disease, asthma, etc.
· Let your doctor know if you administer any other drug for controlling blood sugar or blood pressure.
· In case of pregnancy or breast-feeding consult with your doctor the viability of using Dolfenal 500 Mg (Mefenamic Acid). Use the medication only if the benefits outweigh the risk associated with the use of Mefenamic Acid.
· Strictly follow your doctor’s instruction. Don’t use extra dose or elongate the use of Dolfenal 500 Mg. In case the symptoms persist, seek help from your doctor. Prolonged use could cause severe internal damage, including holes in the intestine.
· Avoid any other over the counter drug while using Dolfenal 500 Mg. Consult your doctor before using any other drug.
Symptoms include sleepiness, nausea, abdominal pain, tarred stool, urinating troubles, blood in cough, breathing troubles or fainting. Seek for immediate medical assistance if any of these symptoms occur.