Fourderm (Betamethasone Valerate) Cream
BENZYL ALCOHOL 10Mg
Fourderm cream Uses
Fourderm cream is applied for relieving from swelling, redness and itching linked to various skin diseases.
It is a topical corticosteroid which inhibits the release and formation of chemicals which induces inflammation, swelling, itching and redness.
Avoid using Fourderm Cream if you are allergic to Betamethasone Valerate or any other active ingredients present in Fourderm. In case of severe hypersensitivity on using Fourderm Cream, contact a doctor immediately.
Tips and warnings
It is not recommended to use Betamethasone Valerate for certain health conditions. Inform your pharmacist or your physician of any pre-existing health conditions before using Fourderm Cream, specifically in case any of these health situations is appropriate to you:
1. In case you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or nursing mother;
2. In case you are administering any over the counter drug, prescription drugs, herbal supplement or other dietary products;
3. In case you are allergic to any of the active ingredients present in Fourderm cream or you are allergic to any specific food or materials;
4. If you are affected by any skin disease, thinning of skin, chickenpox, measles, tuberculosis (TB) or recently taken any vaccination.
Some drugs may cause adverse reaction when used concurrently with Fourderm cream; though the risk is low, as very little of the active ingredients are absorbed by the blood.
How to apply Fourderm cream
· Don’t use for prolonged period, specifically around the face, eyes, rectal or genital area. In case the symptoms don’t improve, stop using the product and consult a dermatologist.
· Fourderm cream is suggested for external use only, don’t use near eyes or eyelids. In case of contact with eyes, flush it immediately with cold water.
· Use with immense care in children. In case it is prescribed for treating diaper rashes, don’t use tight diapers or plastic outfits.
Fourderm cream side effects
All drugs are subjects to side effects; some people suffer from minor effects and others no adverse effect occur. In case any of the side effects of Fourderm cream become persistent and cumbersome, check with a dermatologist.
Common side effects include cracking of skin, acne, stinging of the skin, boost in hair growth, irritated hair follicles, skin irritation and itching.
Rare reports of severe allergic reactions on using Fourderm cream have been reported. Symptoms include hives, skin rashes, allergy, swelling, redness and burning of the skin. In case any of the side effects occur, stop using Fourderm cream immediately and consult a doctor.
Store Fourderm (Betamethasone Valerate) Cream in room temperature away from direct sunlight.