Methycobal 500mg Tablets (Methylcobalamin or Mecobalamin)
Methylcobalamin misspelled as Mecobalamin is from the cobalamin family and is one of the numerous forms of Vitamin B12. Methycobal 500mg tablets are used in treating diabetic neuropathy, peripheral, neuropathy, etc. Methylcobalamin is normally present in the human system at lower levels as a result of bacterial production. Therapeutic uses include treating patients infected with Arakawa's syndrome II, a metabolic problem in which subject are unable to breakdown Mecobalamin.
Vitamin B12 is a significant vitamin required by the human body. Besides being an important vitamin for conducting neurological functions, Vitamin B12 also is involved in the procedure of generating blood.
Methycobal Tablets uses
Methycobal can be prescribed for treating anemia (in subjects with vitamin B12 insufficiency), and also in taking care of subjects with neurological disorders. Methylcobalamin also is administered for early therapy of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Methycobal side effects/ Mecobalamin side effects
Headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, diarrhea, muscle pain, hot sensation, rashes, diaphoresis. In case symptoms occur, patients should stop administering Mecobalamin or Methycobal 500mg immediately and consult a doctor.
Severe side effects
Anaphylactoid reactions and acute allergic reactions- (symptoms include hives, rashes, skin allergy, skin reddening, difficulty in breathing, chest congestion, swelling of the lips, throat, face or tongue). In case any such Mecobalamin side effects occur, stop using it immediately and consult your doctor.
These may not be the complete list of possible side effects of Mecobalamin, for detailed information consult a doctor.
Precautions and warnings
· Avoid Methycobal 500mg in case you are allergic to any of its active ingredients. Inform you doctor if you have suffered any history of allergic reaction to Methycobal tablets in the past.
· Inform you doctor if you are using any other prescribed medicine, OTC drug or herbal supplement. Concurrent use of Methycobal tablets with certain drugs could cause severe adverse reactions.
· Use the medication as instructed by your doctor, avoid using more than the recommended dosage of the medication neither should you use it for a prolonged period of time. In case symptoms don’t improve, it would be wise to consult your doctor for further advice.
· Avoid alcohol during treatment period.
· Store it in cool, dry place away from direct sunlight, heat or moisture. Keep it safely out of the reach of children.