Mucomix (Acetylcysteine) dilutes the mucous secretion in lungs and shields the liver by up keeping or re-establishing levels of glutathione. It also is administered to decrease the toxicity of increased use of acetaminophen. Hydration with Mucomix (Acetylcysteine) importantly decreases the hazards of contrast nephropathy in subjects with persistent renal deficiency.
Precautions and warnings
· Avoid Mucomix if you are allergic to any of its active ingredients. Consult a doctor if you have experience any history of allergic reaction to Mucomix or any of its active ingredients.
· Mucomix (Acetylcysteine) should be administered with caution during pregnancy and lactation.
· Consult with your doctor in case of any preexisting health conditions which include peptic ulceration, asthma patients, history of bronchospasm, liver disease, kidney problems or other similar health conditions.
· Mucomix may interact with other drugs and cause serious side effects. Consult with your doctor if you are already using any prescribe medications, OTC medicines, Herbal supplements and / or other dietary pills.
· Stop administration of the drug in case constant vomiting or encephalopathy occurs.
Mucomix and Pregnancy
To be used with prudence when administered at some point in pregnancy. Though clinical studies in either animal-reproduction have not confirmed a foetal risk but no controlled reports in pregnant women or animal research have confirmed any side effects.
Mucomix (Acetylcysteine) during Lactation
It should be used carefully when administered at some point in lactation.
Acetylcysteine and Children
Even though there are no real clinical data establishing the administration of Mucomix in children, the drug is not anticipated to result in any unusual adverse reactions in children than it causes in adults.
Mucomix side effects
Common side effects
Fever, Flushing, stomatitis, vomiting, nausea, bronchospasm, rhinorrhoea, and anaphylactoid reactions,. Consult a doctor if any of the Mucomix side effects become constant or inconvenient.
Rare side effects
Blurred vision, rashes, bradycardia, thrombocytopenia, convulsions, and syncope. In case any such side effects occur on administration, stop using Mucomix (Acetylcysteine) immediately and seek for emergency medical help.
Fatal side effects: infrequently, respiratory or heart attacks. Seek for immediate medical help if any such side effects occur.
These may not be the complete list of possible Mucomix (Acetylcysteine) side effects, for detailed information consult with your health care service provider.