Zentel Worm medicine (Albendazole)
Active ingredients- Albendazole
Zentel (Albendazole) is a deworming or an anthelmintic drug that thwarts the growth of new larvae (worms) from developing or reproducing in the human system. Zentel (Albendazole) is efficient against several varieties of worms which include flatworms, hookworms, whipworms, pinworms, threadworms, tapeworms or roundworms. Patients in Africa are administered with Albendazole to prevent and treat lymphatic filariasis. Patients in Sub-Saharan Africa are administered with ivermectin concurrently with Albendazole, whereas diethylcarbamazine is used in combination of Albendazole in other parts of the world. In some other parts of the world Zentel worm medicine is administered for treating giardiasis.
Zentel Side effects
Headache, dizziness, fever, increased intracranial pressure, vertigo, meaningeal symptoms, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, Stevens- Johnson syndrome, reversible alopecia, erythema multiform, severe renal injury, pancytopenia, Leukopenia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, granulocytopenia, and aplastic anemia. Consult a doctor immediately in case any such side effects occur and become persistent and bothersome.
Allergic reaction symptom include skin rashes, hives, chest congestion, difficulty in breathing, swelling of throat, face, lips or tongue. If any such reaction occurs, stop using Zentel worm medicine immediately, and consult with your doctor for mediate medical help.
These may not be the complete list of possible Zentel Side effects, for additional information seek advice from your nearest health care service provider.
Tips and warnings
· Avoid Zentel (Albendazole) suspension or tablets if you are allergic to any of its active ingredients. Consult with your doctor if you have suffered any allergic reaction to any of its active ingredients.
· Avoid concurrent of other OTC medicines, herbal supplements or other dietary supplements while using Zentel worm medicine. Inform your doctor if you are already using any prescribed drugs for any preexisting ailments.
· Inform you doctor of any preexisting health conditions. Albendazole should be used with caution in patients with low blood counts, liver problems, renal impairment, high blood pressure, diabetes and heart patients. Special tests may be requires before using Zentel worm medicine.
· Consult with your doctor before using Albendazole during pregnancy and lactation. Medication should be used only if the benefits outweigh the risk involved for the fetus or newly born baby.
· Store Zentel (Albendazole) suspension or tablets in normal room temperature (20 to 30 degree), away from direct sunlight, heat or moisture.
· Keep safely out of reach from children.